Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shalom to All My Friends!

B"H

Hey holy sisters...
This is a way for me to keep in touch with everyone, to let you know about new music coming out, new CDs, and to share a bit about what is going on in my life, and the process as a whole.

Two new CDs are on the way!!!!!!!
"Sister Heart" is still in progress, but you can hear the title track here. Singing in English is so personal and powerful to me, and to find my voice in my own language after years on this journey feels very real.

While working on Sister Heart, another CD was born without my even knowing it was on the way. This was something beyond the rational mind, like those births where the woman doesn't even know she's pregnant! This disc is called "Relax and Know". The music is a meeting of worlds that is very precious to me...the worlds of music and healing. Those of you who have followed my development over the years know that exploring these two worlds has motivated me to where I am today...living in Israel, performing and teaching and teaching, recording and composing music that connects me with what is true. In the last few years I have also been privledged to learn and teach guided imagery, Shiatsu, and Qi Kung at Elima, the school of alternative medicine here in our Yishuv, Or HaGanuz. "Harpu U'du....Relax and Know" is bringing it all together, songs that have a deeply relaxing effect on me and other listeners. It has elements of improvisation, interesting instruments like an African harp, and my flute playing, which is a totally new gift that Hashem opened up for me in the last year. Another new wonder is my recording studio, which, thanks to help and encouragement from my Chevruta and guardian angel Sheva Chaya, started to open up in the last year. This music was recorded by me at home: a totally different, free, open and dynamic way to create.

Sweet friends, this is just the beginning. I hope I will be able to share more with you, more music, Torahs, and little windows into my world. I want to use this space to share music as it is being created; new songs as they are being born, unfinished but very alive recordings that won't be published to disc.
I also have a new music video!
I'm sure you will help me keep this music and video just for women and girls. It is a delicate dance to be a creative musician, dancer and singer, opening up this expression to get to all the women who it will inspire, and praying that it will reach the right ears and eyes.
Lots of love and lets stay in touch,
Tziona Achishena

No comments:

Post a Comment